In 1927 the original swimming pool or plunge bath as it was called was replaced with a regulation pool, 60 by 20 feet, with a fancy tile surround. By the 1960's a growing sports program had outdated the facilities. The low ceiling and sub-standard diving board caused other Colleges to refuse to compete with W&J. -The Washington & Jefferson Development Program, undated.
8 X 10 photograph
The swimming pool located in the basement of the Old Gym.