In 1875 a complete remodeling was undertaken. A new front building with the twin towers and a fourth story were added. This large brick building, 140 x100 feet, furnished rooms for the Chapel, the Young Men's Christian Association, a music room, the Washington and Union Literary Societies, the museum, 12 more classrooms, seven laboratories, and a number of private rooms and storerooms. A steam heating plant was installed which completed the project in 1876, at a cost of $80,000.
8 X 10 photograph
Old Main viewed from the corner of Wheeling and College Streets.